Saturday, September 25

Tasty Spicy Foodstuffs

[Tasty Spicy Foodstuffs]

I've been lax about regularly going to the grocer's, and have been ordering in a bit too much. Knowing this, I've tried to stock some easy-to-prepare items, but I've also more realistically budgeted. I can order in three times a week if I don't go out as much for lunch at the office.

Tonight, I wanted Indian food. I really didn't think that Raj Darbar would deliver to my apartment: it's twenty-five blocks away and that's generally out of range for most restaurants. But, I got lucky. I just had saag gosht, lamb biryani, naan and raita. There's enough left over for at least two more meals, so I got my money's worth.

Before I ordered, I found something that amused me on their website. Here's their description of Indian food:
There's something mystical and intrinsic about all Indian food. The reverence and thoughtyfulness with which it is prepared. The exotic blend of herbs and spices, and the intricate preparatory methods, are all intended to let the aromas and flavours sink into the fare and your senses. Not only does the food smell or look gorgeous, it fires your appetite until you and your taste buds succumb to temptation. And the seduction is total! Efforts to resist indulgence often prove futile. But you'll feel no remorse because such sublime experiences are a step closer to spirituality.
I don't think it made me feel quite that good, but it was very tasty.