Monday, September 20

Detailing

[Detailing]

From the you-never-know-where-the-line-is-until-you-cross-it department . . . .

My complexion has not been up to my standards, and I've been, well, a bit annoyed with it. The tone is blotchy. I have a few blemishes. It's just off. I've also not been as diligent about taking care of it, so tonight I started. And, well, I got a little too into it.

First, I used Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser, massaging thoroughly, for about 15 minutes, until I could feel grainy dirt particles under my fingertips. I tissued that off and massaged in Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask and allowed that to dry for about 15 minutes. I scrubbed that off with a damp washcloth and immediately applied Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser. I rinsed that off and used a Bioré Ultra Deep Cleansing Nose Strip on my nose and four Bioré Deep Cleansing Face Strips on my forehead, chin and along my jawline. I let those dry for about 15 minutes, then I peeled and rinsed. I then coated my skin with Murad Clarifying Toner. I waited about a half hour before I massaged my face with three scoops of Philosophy Hope And A Prayer Vitamin C Powder that was mixed into about a half teaspoon of Fresh Sugar Face Polish.

It's not like detailing a car: one really shouldn't do all of it at once.