Tomorrow and Wednesday, I'll be playing catch-up at work, so tonight I tried to catch up on some reading. Noted:
- AlterNet on the almost incomprehensibly stupid move by the Bush administration to relax fire-safety rules at noo-kya-lahr plants [which amazes me because I thought that they were all supposed to be on some sort of infrared alert]
- Snarkout on whether Goths and Norweigans were dying in Minnesota in 1362
- BoingBoing on the bulletproof, stereo-equipped, Quantum Sleeper [which I wouldn't own, but might get freaky in once or twice should there be one at my disposal]
- Coherence Engine on this year's Hugo-nominated sci-fi reflecting "a social change in the belief of predictability"
- Everyone on Kerry's clarification on why he would still vote for the war [okay, I just skimmed those]
- Reason on the paucity of protest music
- SciScoop on space hotels [repeat that own/freaky comment]