Saturday, June 5

Fucking CdoE

[Fucking CdoE]

0x80040600 is a CDO error signifying "corrupt store" meaning my *.pst files were corrupt. Which was interesting but unhelpful knowledge considering I couldn't even locate my *.pst files in a search. It's not like I have the skills to check the code.

I tried many things, including, but most definitely not limited to, ripping out the old firewall, uninstalling and reinstalling MSOffice, installing the full McAfee internet protection suite thingie, installing all the Office updates. Then, I lost internet access. So, I had to reconfigure the firewall. It wasn't until I finished that, late this evening, that I was able to find the *.pst file and run scanpst.ext to repair it.

Finally, it works. I can now get into my email through Outlook. Finally, I have time to do something else. I've not done much other than work, sleep, and try to deal with this for a few days now.