Sunday, February 22

Reading | Recuction

[Reading | Recuction]

I went to a blogger reading last night [sponsored by SPEC Chicago and Gapers Block]. It was kind of fun. It would have been better for me if it hadn't been so crowded. I like to find a corner at such events and sit back to watch the reactions and interactions. It wasn't possible this time.

Among other things [including this fabulous chapter from Imaginary Year] Jeremy read a reduction of his blog that he had used MSWord's AutoSummarize to create.

I thought it was wonderful. So, I decided to see what would happen if I reduced the contents of this blog to 500 words. This is the result:
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times; whoever invented cappuccino is a saint. Yeah! If you take the test too we could compare scores. "Address books must always be little black books." I'm wondering . . . . Yeah, I've been away. It may be that perceptions change as time passes. Will it never stop?

I've been working on an internal quarterly review presentation at the office for days now. If I type av, for example, it suggests average. Partly, this seems to be related to words that I’ve typed before. If nothing was suggested, I left it off the list. I’ve changed nothing . . . . let's call it iPAQ Poetry.

For some time now, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo that will cover the small-but-meaningless tattoo I already have. I've become more intrigued by my heritage of late. Wonder. Life.

Sounds of Crystal's purse, Crystal at the coffee shop, Crystal typing, Crystal sneezing, Crystal drinking coffee, Crystal on the phone, over fifty minutes of Crystal minutiae. Project. If 19 people have monkeypox, and if monkeypox is spread through physical contact, and if the mortality rate is that high, and if I'm in Chicago, shouldn't this have been on the local news?

I wonder if he was singing "Strip" as he was stripping . . . .I've been wearing clothes out of the donation pile again. Interesting. Absolutely wonderful. Change. I'll never tell.

Fascinating. I've taken two showers since. For if it prosper, none dare call it treason. If you haven't already, Go to Google. Right now. I hope it works out. [If it happened . . . . apparently, one hell of a storm hit at the time of the reading.]

Time for chai. Yup. I've passed that friggin' taste test.

Utter fucking chaos. If you are bored and not easily disturbed come on over. I need the help. It seems that I've definitely lost all of my emails and my address book. I've cancelled my babysitting thing this evening as to avoid getting little man Jake sick. Even if it lacks sufficient structural integrity. I saw this article yesterday, and was thinking thinking thinking [while I was at the office and should have been working working working].

Sleep. Lie down to read. If not, we'll likely kill it. I rarely remember my dreams. It's time to regroup. I would have made it to work on time if I hadn’t gotten motion sickness from the train. Strange times indeed. Okay, now it's time to stop using dressing rooms.

It's not the outfit — I've worn it several times before. I think I'm staying home this evening. Tonight? Chicago will party tonight.

I've had issues with insomnia for the first time in months. Fascinating. Great. "We'll clean this place up if it takes all week." There's a new kitchen table. I made calls. I've spent a chunk of the day reading The Golden Ratio. Wonderful. I've created a phi derivation spreadsheet using Fibonacci numbers.
It seems that my 100 favorite things and my most profound needs weren't important enough to make the cut.