Sunday, November 16

Blah Blah Blah

[Blah Blah Blah]

Yeah, I know, I've not been updating. I kept thinking I'd get around to it, but hadn't been possible from work. Work's not been particularly busy, but it has been trying. There were changes made recently. Subterfuge and spin are almost as exhausting for careful observers as they are for the participants.

And I haven't been updating from home, because I've either been too distracted to concentrate or attempting to sleep when I'm not working. I've had issues with insomnia for the first time in months. I slept perhaps two or three hours a night from last Sunday through Thursday. Finally, Thursday night, I slept from 8:30 pm to 6:30 am. And, I thought it was over. But, last night, I saw most of the hours on the alarm clock. For a while, I practiced counting to see how accurately I could count a minute. Perhaps tonight . . . .

And now, I shall post a few of the things I this week without much comment:
  • I am eager to read, but haven't yet read Gore Vidal's latest scathe.

  • I skimmed but didn't fully digest comments by the always fascinating Geoff at Coherence Engine on narrative and hyperfiction.

  • I did read the horoscopes. Why? Dunno. Perhaps because they take so little brain. Not that you should believe them, but you should check this week. Especially, you, Cancer, and you, Sagittarius.

  • Jeremy provided more fuel for my scoptophobia by directing me to BoingBoing.

  • It seems that I'm a bit late on noticing the Plug'n'Pray conversion kits. But, if you haven't, you should.

What else? Well, I had intended to go to the theatre this evening to see Dreams of Desire, but cancelled at the last minute. Although I hate it when anyone does that to me, I find myself doing it to others frequently — especially when I'm feeling out of sorts. I rarely cancel because I have something "better" to do. In fact, I cannot recall the last time that happened. I would like to see the play. Perhaps I'll go next weekend, which is, I believe, the last.

Instead, I took a nap, and worked on my football picks. I'm ranked #1 out of 33 in the office pool. Thus far this season, I've picked correctly 87 times and incorrectly 57, which is pretty good considering I watch perhaps an hour of football total each week. But, I still haven't won an individual week. I'm just more consistent than everyone else. Maybe this week I'll take the pot.

Off to bed so I can practice counting minutes.