I'll rarely tell you what you should do, gentle reader. But, today, wishing desperately that I could follow my own advice, I'll tell you that you should go back to bed.
If you are unable to go back to bed, you should browse the sites listed in Web Exhibits, allow yourself to be hypnotized by Zombo.com, amuse yourself with Sci-Fi Fan Films, ponder the skills of the Precision Lawn Chair Demonstration Team, determine just how many Ferraris you might have purchased over the years with your drinking money, and/or download everything at Sine Fiction to judge their music-to-sci-fi-novel matchups.
Whatever you do, don't troll the news from this week. You might then have to . . . .
- ruminate over whether choosing not to breed is a viable tradeoff for living hundreds of years,
- think about homeless Patagonian penguins,
- consider who has the right to decide the life-long fates for the over 35,000 people born so far this year without a discernible gender [check paragraph five],
- ponder Rummy's real views on defense against terrorism and watch the spin,
- wonder whether solar flares could fuck up a bunch of satellites today,
- consider that it takes an ex-President to broker deals with pharmaceutical giants to provide low-cost Aids drugs to developing countries,
- realize that innocent research can provoke the FBI's Joint Terrorist Task Force.
[BTW: No posts for a few days. I'm getting out of the city to visit my friends Conni and Darrell at Coach Stop Farm. I'll be back early next week.]