Friday, October 17

Fucking New Yorkers

[Fucking New Yorkers]

[Yeah, I know, no posts recently. But work's been busy, and I've been going through a bit of a mental defrag . . . . and we all know how unrecommended it is to run nonessential programs when you're defragging. Anyway . . . . ]

I had to be in early today because of a 9:00 am meeting. Not toooooo early, just 8:15 am. But, that's early enough to mess with my already-less-than-strict routine. Actually, the only strict thing about my routine is coffee. And I had to skip that. Anyway, I get in and throw my purse and jacket onto my chair and run to the conference room to show the caterer where things should go. After everything is settled, I go back to my desk to find a typed note:
Last night was an example of the true spirit of Yankee baseball, where Pedro Martinez can go from a king to a peasant and Aaron Boone could hit the winning home run in extra innings.

Never quit, stay the course, work hard and stay focused on winning.

This is the attitude we have and will continue to have to ensure the success of [the project].

Yankee Spirit = Persistence & Confidence!

Keep that Yankee Spirit! We’re doing a great job!

No, it wasn’t signed. But, I know [actually, everyone at the office knows] the culprit. For those in my office with a preference, about two-thirds are Cubs fans, about a quarter are South Siders, and the rest favor various other teams. If there's another Yankee fan in the office, [s]he ain't talkin'. Anyway, apparently, there was much groaning over this little note. So, I fired off an email to that particular visiting New Yorker that said:

You are a cruel man. You are a sick man. And, to think, I liked you.
Still no response.