Sunday, August 10

Modern Conveniences

[Modern Conveniences]

Why would anyone who is able not use Peapod?

There’s a $4.95 delivery charge right now. They charge me more if I go into Dominicks myself and then have it delivered. And I can shop from the comfort of my desk chair. Sometimes, I do like to wander through the grocery store — especially when I’m not sure what I want to cook. But, for day-to-day shopping, it’s so much easier.

For example I cut and pasted all of the ingredients for a recipe into the quick list .  .  .  .
  • bananas
  • pineapple juice
  • semi-sweet chocolate
  • unsweetened dutched cocoa
  • cream cheese
  • eggs
  • heavy cream
  • salted butter
  • unsalted butter
  • whole milk
  • shortening
  • cornstarch
  • flour
  • salt
  • table salt
  • vanilla
  • cider vinegar
  • powdered sugar
  • sugar
.  .  .  .  the system suggested mostly viable options for each selection, and, voila! On Wednesday evening everything that’s needed to make Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie will arrive with the rest of my necessary groceries.

Oh, you want pie too? Hmmmm. Well, you have to visit me to get pie. That’s the rule.