Would you like to go into a 5-to-6 hour carb coma? Here's how:
- Have a light dinner followed by pie.
- Relax for a bit, and then have more pie.
- Sleep. Awaken. Have a light breakfast. Relax a bit, and then have more pie.
- Lie down for a few minutes.
- Awaken a bit later feeling (a) famished, and (b) like you've been hit by a truck.
- Realize that you have no low-carb options in the house, and, lazily, eat more pie.
- Lie down to read.
- Awaken 5-to-6 hours later feeling (a) famished, and (b) like you've been hit by a truck.
I know better. I can't handle a carb overload like that anymore. It's back to the low-carb thing for me for a while. Soooooo . . . . my first task upon waking was to order food that wouldn't exacerbate the issue. Task number two was adding a lot of protein and editing out all the really-carby crap [you can sort by carbs!] for my next Peapod order.